In the realm of community development initiatives, Life at Best Development Initiative (LABDI) is a leading organization dedicated to improving maternal, infant, and young child nutrition (MIYCN) in Lagos, Nigeria.
As part of their efforts, LABDI is seeking MIYCN Counsellors to join their team.
In this blog post we will provide an overview of the job description, job type, qualifications, experience, job field, and location, along with answers to four frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to MIYCN Counsellors at LABDI.
As a MIYCN Counsellor at Life at Best Development Initiative, your primary responsibility will be to provide counseling and support to mothers, infants, and young children regarding optimal nutrition practices. Key duties may include:
1. Conducting individual and group counseling sessions on MIYCN practices.
2. Assessing the nutritional status of mothers, infants, and young children.
3. Developing personalized nutrition plans based on individual needs and preferences.
4. Conducting community outreach programs to raise awareness about MIYCN practices.
5. Collaborating with healthcare professionals and community stakeholders to implement nutrition interventions.
6. Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of MIYCN programs.
7. Documenting and reporting counseling activities and outcomes.
This position is a full-time role with regular office hours. MIYCN Counsellors may occasionally be required to work evenings or weekends to accommodate community outreach activities or special events.
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for the role of a MIYCN Counsellor, candidates should meet the following qualifications:
1. Educational Background: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, Public Health, or a related field.
2. Experience: Prior experience in nutrition counseling or community health promotion is preferred, but not mandatory. Fresh graduates with relevant coursework may also be considered.
3. Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
4. Certification: Possession of relevant certifications in nutrition or counseling is an added advantage.
5. Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English and any local language is required.
The MIYCN Counsellor position falls within the field of community health, specifically focusing on maternal, infant, and young child nutrition.
The MIYCN Counsellor position is based in Lagos, Nigeria, one of the largest cities in Africa. Lagos offers a vibrant cultural environment, bustling markets, and a rich history.
What is the salary range for MIYCN Counsellors at LABDI?
The salary range for MIYCN Counsellors at LABDI varies based on experience and qualifications. It is best to contact the organization directly for specific details.
Are there any opportunities for career growth within LABDI?
Yes, LABDI values professional development and provides opportunities for career growth within the organization. They offer training programs and mentorship initiatives to support staff members’ progress.
Is this a remote position or office-based?
The MIYCN Counsellor position at LABDI is primarily office-based. However, occasional fieldwork and community outreach activities may be required.
How can I apply for the MIYCN Counsellor position at LABDI?
Interested candidates can visit the LABDI website or contact their HR department for information on current job openings and the application process.